Pages

I have always imagined that Paradise would be a kind of library.
Jorge Luis Borges

So have I become your enemy by telling you the truth?
Saint John, Letter to Galatians 4:16

Freedom of Religion - Freedom from Religion - Freedom of Public Display of Religion and Traditions

We establish no religion in this country, nor will we ever. We command no worship. We mandate no belief. But we poison our society when we remove its theological underpinnings. We court corruption when we leave it bereft of belief. All are free to believe or not believe; all are free to practice a faith or not. But those who believe must be free to speak of and act on their belief.
--
Ronald Reagan (Temple Hillel Speech, 1984)

Sunday, December 23, 2012

You Can't Steal Christmas by Sharon Steege

Dixie Lee “Quills” sent me this email and the author has a name instead of “anonymous”, entitled You Can’t Steal Christmas by Sharon Steege
I don’t know who they are
Saying I can’t greet the crowd
The way that I want to;

Can’t say CHRISTMAS out loud.
I walk into a business place
See things that I’d rather not see.
But dare I not say CHRISTMAS
And ask for a “holiday” tree.

What happened to freedom of speech
And living in the land of the free?
How can they take my CHRISTMAS money.
But can’t say MERRY CHRISTMAS to me.

Men and women have given their lives
So we could still go free.

I wonder how they would feel
At saying “
HOLIDAY” TREE.


Come on, America, let’s wake up!
Don’t let our freedom escape.
hat else will they take?

This is starting to get out of hand.
And I have begun to keep track.
Well, I’ve just had enough;
I AM TAKING CHRISTMAS BACK.

So, MERRY CHRISTMAS, AMERICA!
I hope this gets all over the net.
If we stand united and take freedom back,
’Twill be our best CHRISTMAS yet!

Sharon Steege

Thanks, Dixie, for reminding us that a child born long ago is the “Reason for the Season”.

Don't let the Grinch steal your Christmas!
Editor's Note: If you haven't noticed - Lighthouse Patriot Journal will have the holiday season look until January.
Christmas Notes: Remember the days when people made things for each other at Christmas? Well, if you did or didn’t, there is a website that provides printable paper models that you can make with your kids entitled Paper Toys. Batteries Not Required.
And another site, not necessarily related to the holidays – Expert Village – for those who learn better by doing or visual instruction. “How To” videos with a wide range of topics to choose from: auto maintenance to audio production to arts and crafts.


No comments: